Sunday, October 4, 2009

Women don't need help!

For God's Sake, can somebody please stop this "Ladies, First!" phrase? I don't think women are weak to require any assistance or guidance! If required let them ask that to you, after they have given it their best shot!

Every time, a courteous young man pays respect to me because I am a woman, I feel a little inferior & guilty to have made those men standing in that Queue even longer.


Also, people have been talking about giving 33% seat allocation to women in the Parliament. I am NOT for it!It's never a Cake-Walk for anybody at that cause to enter into the Parliament. The only concern is, 'If they want a reservation to just enter the Parliament, then how are they to manage supporting their constituency?' I, being a women myself, feel that this is not fair enough. I don't believe that the Society is totally Male Chauvinistic.  Men DO find it uncomfortable to follow the lead of a Woman first, but if you are good enough, you can very well change their attitude or convince them to follow your lead. Sometimes, to be very honest, this word, 'Male Chauvinistic Society' is used pretty common & sadly even in spots where it makes no sense at all.

In a nut-shell:
Being a girl/women is not an excuse to get our work done. Prove people that you are good enough for that spot, then take it away. If you have worked for it, proved that you are better & still don't get that due recognition, then call it a Male Chauvinistic Society. May be I am right, or may be I lack the exposure to these "Societies", but getting a better priority just because I am a girl/woman is only conveying the message "I am weak. I need Help!". I would rather choose to convey, "I am worth it & don't you dare deprive that away!","I can very well take care of myself! Thanks a lot for the offer, though!".

1 comment:

  1. hey !cheers babes!awesome posts....yeah i do agree ter r some 'cross the limit 'kinda thing among women and taking priviledge but the sad part is still many male chauvinistic chromosomes cannot withhold female lead!

    ReplyDelete